Friday 7 September 2012

5 a side - Pathetico Madrid

Well, 2nd league game of the season, and first game in 3 weeks for me as I made my comeback from a bruised rib! Glad to say, my ribs were fine, but good god, not playing for 3 weeks has left me with the lung capacity of a gnat!!

We were up against Grafters, who got beat 33-3 last week, so we were expecting a fairly easy game, and I thought it was a good game to come back to after recovering from injury! We got to the game, and I spoke to the ref, who informed me that they only had 4 players last week, and 1 of them didn't know how to play!!

So, game on it was, and a good game. I am not one for bulling myself up, but I put in another Man of the Match performance, even I was surprised at some of the saves I made! I had an inspired night...I really enjoyed it. At one point, I made a save from their star player, who then said "F*** me, PNE need to sign you up!" -  Now, the fact he is a young lad, and obviously goes to watch Preston play, I will take it as a compliment...lol...Still, nice to get the attackers frustrated!

We started well, and went into a 5-1 lead, and never really looked back, though we did have momentary blips, and let them back into the game, but for the first time in a while, each time we took back control of the game, and we eventually won 21-12.

I let the centre know I was looking for a new team to play with on anyday barring Wednesday, and already I have a few teams looking to want to 'sign me'....lol...all I have to do now is negotiate my contract....lol.
  

                   Team Name
PlydGDPts
1Ajax Treesdown (Wed)2236
2New City Utd2186
3Young Gunz286
4The Gamull2263
5Pathetico Madrid283
6Lid FC (Wed)2-150
7Sex Panthers2-290
8Grafters2-390

No comments:

Post a Comment