Monday 3 September 2012

Everton Player Ratings Vs WBA (A) 1st Sept

Well, there were 2 reasons I didn't update yesterday, one I was far too hungover, and secondly I was still too disappointed by the shocking performance! I'd loved to say we just lost, but once Darron Gibson went off, we never had a midfield. There was no invention, and we kept lumping the ball to Fellaini when he was being marked by 2 lads who were 6'4''!

Howard kept us in the game in the first half, with a save from James Morrison in injury time. We could have played for hours and we would never have scored if we had played all night, as proved by Fellaini when he side-footed over the bar when it was harder to miss!! Still, let this one go, as we have had a great start to the season, just a shame it is ages to we play the Toon!

Anyway, I can't offer many high scores this week, but here are my ratings.

7
Made several good saves, including a cracking one handed save from James Morrison, but could have taken more responsibility for their 2nd.
6
I like Phil, he is no nonsense, just does the simple thing, but just never got going in the game.
8
Jags was my Man of the Match for Everton. More so, because his partner in crime didn't have the best day!
6
I can't bring myself to give Sylvan a 5, but it wasn't far off. He just never seemed comfortable, and I was always waiting for a mistake. I know one thing, you won't get two poor games in a row from Sylvan.
7
Tried throughout, and got into some decent positions. Was close to man of the match for me. Partner in crime Pienaar was off form, so it hampered him a little.
6
You can see why we signed Naismith, he will definitely work for us, just needs to get his creative or goalscoring boots back on
6
Never thought we would miss a £500,000 signing as much as we miss him! Thankfully we have an international break coming up for him to recover.
6
Quiet game for Ossie. Always capable of a goal, but hardly saw him touch the ball.
6
Probably Peanuts worst game for us! You know your midfield has had a poor game when peanuts gets a 6!
6
Frustrating afternoon. Wasn't help out by the lack of invention, but to be fair to McAuley and Olsson, they did a job on him - something other teams would have watched! Missed a sitter!
6
Didn't get any opportunities really, which is a shame seeing as he only needs one touch.

SUBS

7
On for Gibson.Will always try his best, but if everyone is fit, I can't see him starting many. Still, he is a blue, and won't ever let us down, even if his positional sense does frustrate me at times!
6
On for Naismith. Never really got into the game, but once match fit, and used to his team mates, you can see glimpses of talent!! Make yourself a hero in October!!!
6
I wanted to give him 5, but feel I am being too biased!! I don't know what he offers us! Infact, it worries Everton fans more when he comes on, then opposing fans! Has never moved on from when he made his debut years ago, similar to Rodwell in that sense! Sod it, 5!!












No comments:

Post a Comment