Thursday 13 September 2012

England Player Ratngs Vs Ukraine

It has just been a mental week at work, and so my player ratings for this game are a way behind everything else, but hopefully if anyone reads them, they will read it from a fans view, and not a journalists!! To be honest, you won't find many high scoring players here, in fact, none above 7!! For any England fan reading this, we have seen many a poor performance over the years, and this just served to remind us of how far we need to become a good team again! I am never one to really have a go at England, but this was poor! Admittedly, Defoe had a perfectly good goal disallowed, but other than that, it was as I said poor! If you want to know how poor, ask Tom Cleverley!!

7
To be fair, for all the play the Ukraine had, Hart didn't have much to do, and what he did, he was ok with. had no chance for the stunning Ukraine goal.

5
I would love to watch a game from the dugout, because every fan in the world knows Johnson is a much better right winger, than right full back!!

6
Not one of Joleon's best games, gave the ball away for Ukraine's goal. Normally pretty solid, but looked nervous all game.

6
This one is for the commentators, yes he played with Lescott at Everton, but rarely as a centre half pairing as Lescott tended to be left back, until Baines cemented his place. Jags is a safe option, covered well for Johnson, but also looked nervous. Jags and Lescott were at time slow at getting the ball out.

7
I thought he was England's best defender and surprised he was subbed. At times he look exposed, but feel this was more down to Oxlade-Chamberlain's inexperience in dropping back. The only defender who tried to get he ball in quickly to midfield and forwards. Made a cracking clearance early in the 2nd half when Ukraine looked odds on to score.

5
Luckily he was on the pitch in the 87th min, and it was a cracking penalty. However, other than that, I didn't realise he was playing!!

7
To be honest, he never got going, but he kept trying, and worked hard to try and open up the Ukraine defence! Was booked for an elbow, yes he drew blood, but I didn't think it was a yellow. Still, the ref did, so surely it should have been a red?! Still, he got a 2nd yellow to solve that problem!!

Refuse to mark!!
Sorry, I know I don't like Milner, but I simply cannot see what he offers us. One of my mates said "he offers us balance", to which my other mate replied, "yep, but then so does a bad of cement if you stick it on a see saw!!" I think that covers it!!

4
I feel a little guilty giving Tom a 4 as he starts his fledging England career, however, this was the stuff of nightmares. Anything that could go wrong, went wrong! It will get better Tom, but this was a shocker!! And that miss!!!!

5
Like Cleverley, he will have better days. Moldova was easy, Ukraine was a learning curve. No impact, but his time will come with more 1st team experience at Arsenal.

7
Played as a lone forward, which is a thankless job. Scored a beautiful goal, which was wrongly ruled out. Worked hard, but he received no real service, and faded late on.

SUBS

7
For me, England's Man of the Match (and I am hard pushed to find one to be honest!!). I am still unsure if Welbeck is international class, but his introduction rescued us a point. Still, he missed a sitter too!

6
Only had 20mins, and despite looking a little lost when he came on, he did grow into the game, and could be an option for the future, but only if he sorts his attitude out, as every club he goes to, he moans when he isn't playing.

6
 I have nothing against Ryan, and he can claim an assist in the penalty I suppose, but when you're 1-0 down, can anyone explain to me why you change left backs?? Another one for the future! Mind you, the whole subs bench was!!














No comments:

Post a Comment