Monday 6 August 2012

5 a side - PREDATORS

Back to league action on a Sunday after my hollybobs! Sitting in 2nd Place, we were up against Borders FC who were 1 point behind us in 4th! To start with, it was slightly surreal, as the referee came up to us, and said we would batter this lot, and at the end one of their players was leaving after several years good service, so if it was ok he would award a penalty near the end as a send off!!

Well, those comment seemingly went to our head, and a team we should really beat with no problem, we just didn't turn up in the first 10 mins and we found ourselves 7-2 down!! We managed to battle back into it, not sure how, and at half time we were 9-6 down.

We didn't start the 2nd half any better, though we managed to fight back to 10-10, and then things just clicked, and we began to pass the ball about and put in some quality finishes. I took up my normal battle with  one of their attackers, the lad who was leaving, and everything he put my way, I saved, including and I have to say, a world class save, as I dived to my right and tipped it over the bar with my left hand!!

The game had finished and we were winning 15-12, when the referee asked me to give a penalty away, which I did as we couldn't - would have been different if slightly closer!! So, I duly kicked the ball away, gave a penalty away....but that was a nice as I got!! On the final kick of the game, I dived to my right to save his penalty, which now makes it 5 saves out of the last 6 pens!!

Up next is the international match, as we taken on Lech Preston, the local Poles!

Team NamePlydGDPts
1Billy Sastards129833
2Predators12-421
3Jaydens Five (Sun)11618
4Lech Preston12917
5Borders FC13-2117
6Bad Newz12-1515
7Vacancy SP111-3510
8Presto11-387

No comments:

Post a Comment