Monday 6 August 2012

Boring transfers!!

The other day, I wrote an article on Robin Van Persie's pending move away from Arsenal, and how boring the possible transfer is becoming! Then it got me thinking, every summer we are treated to the media picking on one transfer and spending columns everyday discussing it, I should know being an Everton fan, they are always doing their best to sell our players!

So, can you think of any other long drawn out transfers?

Here are a couple for you -

Today, Joseph Yobo left Everton for Fenerbache, it has probably gone under the radar for most football fans, but as an Everton fan, it has been a long drawn out process which has taken 2 years whilst he played at Fenerbache on loan! To be honest, towards the end of last season, I had even forgotten he was on out books!!

Cristiano Ronaldo moving from Man Utd to Real Madrid. Good god, another long trnasfer, and to be fair they got a great price for him, he was just never the same in his last season, his heart wasn't in it.

Eden Hazard - Lille to Chelsea - this one wasn't that long in terms of time and months passing by, but good god, if anyone was full of importance!! "Who should I join, I will let you know on twitter, no I gave decided to keep it to myself, I like Man Utd, no I don't now as Chelsea have just won the Champions League, maybe I will stay, look out for twitter!!" Bore off Hazard!!!

Luka Modric - You just have a feeling this is going to turn into a very messy transfer, and one that goes on and on!!

Cesc Fabregas - Arsenal to Barca - another one who had his heart set on the move, and once he wanted to go, it just wasn't worth keeping him.

Darren Bent - Spurs to Sunderland - probably the footballer who introduced us to twitter after he had a go at Daniel Levy for trying to sell him to Hull or Stoke when quite clearly he wanted to join Sunderland!! This was a fun one, but again, Levy likes to make it personal! Just remember that Modric?!

No comments:

Post a Comment