Thursday 16 August 2012

Play Up Pompey part 2

I know a couple of days have passed since Portsmouth were knocked out of the Capital One Cup, but with all the news going on at the club, it seems only sensible to pop back on my blog! Barring the keeper Simon Eastwood, and first team coach Westwood, the rest of the team was made up with teenagers! Westwood left the field injured after 30mins, leaving the oldest outfield player as 18yo!

I followed the game via twitter reports, and even though I didn't go, I am very proud of the way they played! What annoyed me more, was the media reports after the game which were saying that Plymouth battered Portsmouth and won convincing 3-0. I can't argue with the scoreline, but the goals were conceeded in the 45th min, 88th and 89th mins - more to do with a lack of concentration, and maybe fitness, more than anything! And that will come with time, but that time needs to be in the future really and not now, but what choice does Michael Appleton have?

Yesterday BC decided to pull out, I have to admit, part of me really thinks that this was part of his plan all along, I know he is owed £18m and wouldn't want to lose that, but at the end of the day, he was arguing over £400,000 with the administrators - a drop in the ocean for what he is owed!

That's another thing too, I would never expect the administrators to work for free, but what's the point in putting a bill of £1.8m in, when you know the club has no money??

So, it is soley down to the PST now, I have no doubt they have the interest of the club at heart, and I really do think they will make a successsful takeover bid, my worries (and regardless of who owns the club) is future funding! It's all well fans committing money this season, having a playing budget, getting a loan from the council, but what happens next season? Maybe I have missed something! Maybe someone needs to tap up that couple who just won the Euro Millions!

Well, if you are to believe twitter rumours, then hopefully today we will be signing Brian Howard, Mustapha Dumbuya, and Izale McLeod on a non contract basis, which will help for Saturday's derby against Bournemouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment