Monday 13 August 2012

Jack Rodwell!!

In what has to be surprise transfer of the season, I think Jack Rodwell's move from my club Everton to Man City has won that award. It came completely out of the blue, and to be honest, I can say I am not disappointed!

He may only be 21, but Jack Rodwell has been living on potential for the past 3 or 4 seasons, but has never got any further than being a young player with potential!! Yes, he is injury prone, but even if he was fully fit, I will still struggle to put him in my first XI.

The upfront fee, according to reports, ranges from anywhere between £12m to £15m, but regardless, the final figure all seems to be the same at £18m - and this is a cracking deal for someone who has never been a first team regular.

I wish the lad all the luck in the world, but I really do think this is a great for Everton. For me, it's just a strange move for City! And as for Mancini and his 'joining a winning team' comments, I didn't realise he had such a good record against Everton! (and no, I don't want to hear from City fans telling me they are champions, funnily enough I know that!)

So, good luck, I do hope you finally get fit, and a few games under your belt - but that's all it will be, a few games!! I think the Capital One (league cup having changed it's name yet again) cup are the only games you will be guaranteed!! An expensive sub!

No comments:

Post a Comment