Tuesday 12 June 2012

Euro 2012 Day Five

Well it was the start the the 2nd round of group matches, first up were the Czech Rep and Greece. I will be catching up with the start of this game as I missed quite a bit!! I was away on exciting training for work, so missed the 1st half as I was travelling back on a train! I got into the car to travel home via the shops and in laws, so I was listening the the game on the radio! I managed to get to my in laws just in time to watch the replay of one Mr Cech handing Gekas his easiest chance ever! Barring, that and obviously the first few mins when the Czech scored, I didn't seem to miss much.

Second up were joint hosts Poland, and 'friends' Russia! There were violent scenes outside the ground beforehand, I have seen some clips on Eurosport! However, on the radio, the prize knob that is Adrian Durham, on TalkSport, was making such a story of it, you would have sworn it was a repeat of World War two! What went on was shocking and disgraceful, and something does need to happen, however as they are foreign teams, you know damn well it will get swept under the carpet, if this was England, we would be banned from football for years!!

Onto the game, Russia started well. Dzagoev, who is surely going to be snapped up by someone, scored for Russia, it looked like a good flick with his head, but the replay showed it came off his shoulder. To be fair, his run, and the ball in from Arshavin deserved a goal. Poland played themselves back into the game, and not even going to try and spell his name, but the Polish captain scored what is so far goal of the tournament, an absolute stunner. From then on, it look like Poland would sneak a win, but it wasn't to be. So, all 4 teams can still qualify in the last group game!!

Just found out my mate had a 4 match accumulator riding on the game! a £5 bet, returning £110 if Russia won! Oops, gutted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment