Thursday 21 June 2012

Euro 2012 QF

It's day like this I don't appreciate over time at work, not that I have any choice, I had to work! Adult enrolment, so at least it was busy and time passed quickly. I basically missed the first half by the time I got home! Tea was served up by my fab wife, but then instead of watching football, I had to go into full scale cleaning mode as my sister and family are visiting tomorrow, having travelled over from America! The game was in the background as I kept popping back in to check out what was happening!

I was more intrigued by the after match interviews, first of all Ronaldo was full of self importance, and then Klinsmann was full of self confidence when asked on how Germany would do! And then it dawned on me, it wasn't arrogant by either Ronaldo or Klinsmann, rather it just shows the difference between good and genius/class! Whereas, our players are interviewed and they sit there happy to have got out of the group and talk about the achievement of finishing top, German players have obviously come to the tournament thinking of nothing else but taking the trophy home!!

May I remind England of the day we beat the Germans 5-1, it was a great day, but it was only qualification, and possibly the worst German team ever in qualifying went to the World Cup, grouped together, and won the World Cup!!

The only positive to winning our group was qualifying for the Quarter Finals, it's now the hard work starts!!

My family are over for the weekend, so it's time to teach my American brother in law about football, and that's exactly what it is, football, it will never be soccer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment