Friday 8 June 2012

Euro 2012

Well, I guess the reason I started my blog was that (a) the season has finished, and (b) we are about to start a major European Championships!! So, as I would in the pub, and just before the tournaments starts, here is my run down on the England Squad!!

JOE HART - Easy choice, will be No1 for years to come. When Sitteh bought him from Shrewsbury, I didnt really think about it, just thought, here we go, another young keeper with potential to play reserve and loan football, but fair play to him!! Really can be World Class

ROB GREEN - Decent enough keeper, and ok for reserve, however, with the amount of keeper who don't want to play, who else is there? I was hoping for a call up myself...lol...especially as I have had 4 Man of the Matches this season!!

JACK BUTLAND - Who? Unless your a die hard Brum fan, or a Cheltenham Fan, then you probably haven't heard of him, I hadn't!! Fair play to him though, he must have potential, just hope we don't ruin his careers, as we are good at doing that to our keepers!

LEIGHTON BAINES - probably won't play unless Cashley Cole is injured or suspended, which is a shame as he is bloody brilliant! Mind you, I would even be tempted to play him at left midfield instead of Downing!! Quiet bloke who just gets on with his job, and a killer left foot! PLEASE do not leave Everton!!!

STEPHEN KELLY - Another youngster, he look decent playing in the few games he had for Liverpool, but is he ready? I doubt it, though I know he will give his best. Not too sure Roy picked this one, as Rio would have been the obvious choice to replace Cahill, but that's another story I guess!

ASHLEY COLE - Good old Cashley, well he has won 94 caps, so he must be half decent!!

PHIL JAGIELKA - Another blue, and unlucky not to make the original squad. Has a never say die attitude, his only issue is now at Everton, Distin and Heitinga are a much better pairing.

GLEN JOHNSON - No denying he is decent going forward, but needs to learn to defend.

PHIL JONES - One for the future, not sure where his best position is at the moment, for club or comuntry.

JOHN TERRY - Don't like the man, but he will put his head where it hurts and where his heart of his sleeve!

JOLEON LESCOTT - Judas! Klingon!! Still, him and Jags look a good pairing!

STEWART DOWNING - No No and No! I am not being a biased blue, he just doesn't do it for me, and to be honest, hasn't done anything this season for Liverpool. Waste of a space!

JORDAN HENDERSON - See above!! To be fair, he has struggled with his transfer fee, but een my red mates have struggled with his and Downing's selection.

STEVEN GERRARD - Capt Marvel, Stevie G Laa!! Can't stand him, but can't deny on his day he is unplayable.

SCOTT PARKER - Nothing spectacular, just does his job, solid! Just does a simple and effective job.

JAMES MILNER - Another one I don't like, I just can't see why he has been picked...erm...Adam Johnson anyone?

ALEX OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN - Theo Walcott from the World Cup a few years ago anyone?

THEO WALCOTT - Consistently inconsistent!!

ASHLEY YOUNG - Down as my potential player of the tournament for England, as long as he can stay on his feet!

WAYNE ROONEY - Will it all over by the time he is available???

DANNY WELBECK - Young, keen and eager, best way to be!!

JERMAIN DEFOE - I like Defoe, I would have him at Everton (if we had money), knows where the goal is, and will always do a job for you!

ANDY CARROLL - I like Carroll, always thought he would do better at Everton! Still, he isnt exactly on form, he has been picked on 1 game and 20 mins at the end of the season!!

There you go, my take on the England team!! There may well be one or two players I am not a fan of, but I will still be cheering them along on Monday afternoon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment